Has this ever happened to you?
– You don’t know what to put down on paper
– You think that you don’t have the skill to draw whatever you want
– You get trapped in a loop of doing nothing at all as a result
– Your art and craft supplies are all sitting boxed up
– You have ummmm white page anxiety…..
If you answered yes to any of the above then….
Stop! Yes, yes you. Stop doing what you are doing right now. Take a deep breath….And one more. Maybe one more. Now look up above you. Look around you…. It’s a beauuuu-tiful world!!!
Get your sketchpad and pen out and draw the first thing that you see around you. Go ahead, do it. Pause for a minute and do it before reading on…..
And just like magic you’re going to be back in the game.
Recently I wasn’t sure what to draw. I kept thinking and thinking but nothing happened. Then lightbulb moment…. I took my super-smart phone and stepped out to click some beautiful pictures (click click click)
And I used those as an inspiration. The results were amazing! And it did not stop there. I used my sketches and converted them into some beautiful gift wrapping paper that I used to wrap up a gift for my friend’s wedding. The world is the most beautiful canvas that has already been painted on. Mother nature should be our biggest source of inspiration.
Here are the steps:
1) Go outside and click some pictures
2) Sketch them. Feel free to improvise and add your own flair. There are no rules
3) Use a tool like illustrator to make them fancier (or not)
4) Create a pattern from these sketches using illustrator or photoshop
5) Print it on a regular A4 paper. Glue a few of these prints together
6) Wrap gift up. Tie a bow. Take a bow!
8) Watch your friend smile from ear to ear on receiving this completely customized gift. By the way are you dying to find out what was inside the gift wrap. Well, that is a story for another time! I guess you have to subscribe to find out.
Ok ok your turn now. I would love to hear from you! In the comments below let me know – If you have ever struggled with getting your creative mojo back, what is that 1 thing you did to eliminate white page anxiety?
Oh and and if you think you like this post please subscribe below to receive regular creative updates from me!
Until next time,